Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 0


Monday, March 28, 2011 – Day 0

It’s my last day as a red head. I took an IQ test and my IQ is 147 (no, really – I’m wicked smart – although it was an internet IQ test, so how accurate could it be?). I’ll have to take the same test again after I’m blonde. The second that shit hits my scalp I’m going to get dumber, right?

How do people say goodbye to part of themselves? My red hair has been with me through it all: good times, bad times, times I can’t remember… I think when people describe me to other people (at least in my mind) they seem to always mention my hair. I also imagine them describing me as a “sassy redhead” or a “Lucille Ball-type.” This, I’m sure, is only in my mind. How can a purely physical aspect of my existence have such bearing on my personal perception of my personality(say that 5 times fast)? Being blonde can change all that. I can distance myself from… myself. I can try to disconnect my outward appearance with my inner personality.

Also, I think it could be like being an undercover spy in everyday life.

I’m also going to keep a running tally of carpet/curtain jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment