Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 2



I slept in today. It was awesome. I thought being blonde was a dream and it was refreshing to wake up and have it be true.

I did the least glamorous activity today – I cleaned my apartment. Then I went to my eyebrow appointment. I arrived early and decided to stop by the Magnolia Bakery. It was like heaven. Cupcakes, cheesecakes, cookies, coffee, cakes… It was HEAVEN. I bought a mini cheesecake and two peanut butter cookies. It will take every once of will power I have not to consume them immediately.

I then went to my brow appointment at Benefit. Their store is so cute and they are all so nice. I was talked in to getting a lash tint along with the brow wax & tint. So, I’m sitting there blind as a bat with my eyes sealed shut with lash tint. It was bizarre. I felt kind of vulnerable. But whatever. They were really busy; people were coming in and all I could hear were their voices and the noise from 3rd Street. It awakened my senses in an oddly visceral way. It’s difficult to describe, but it makes me wonder if I should do sensory deprivation on a regular basis to help me feel this way again. I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

I made my way home and encountered a bit of traffic because they are filming the new “Wonder Woman” TV show in Hollywood. It would happen to be a brunette causing problems for a blonde, wouldn’t it? I can’t really hate on Wonder Woman, though. She’s essentially a Victoria’s Secret model with cool bracelets, a lame lasso, and an invisible jet. She was born into a superhero world dominated by men; of course they can’t give here cool powers like healing or flying. It’s hard for a girl to get ahead in this world, especially when she’s not blonde.

Today gets 3 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment