Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 100

DAY 100!!! Today was my 100th day of BLONDE and it was a rather good day, considering. Remember when I had that lovely pap smear a couple weeks ago? Well they called me because they had to redo it. Like I buy that… they just wanted to see my hoo-haw again.

Anyway, that’s how a started my day… feet in stirrups, spread eagle, wondering why I’m back in this position so soon…

I ran some more errands and began preparing for… ANNIE HALL at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. I really do love movies at the cemetery. It combines my two loves: movies and cemeteries. It may be weird that I love cemeteries, but it’s the best of everything – you’re never alone, and yet you’re never bothered. Watching movies at Hollywood Forever is very magical. Only in Hollywood would the headstones have headshots on them.

The palm trees reach tall into the sky as the sun sets and the moon rises. People line up for hours to get to experience this magical night of movies under the stars. It’s not a drive-in. You park your keister on your picnic blanket or a low chair and graze on your picnic dinner and down a few glasses of wine. It’s pretty much how I envision heaven.

This week was Annie Hall. K went with me and she was a Hollywood Forever virgin. Sometimes experiencing something with someone who is experiencing it for the first time is like you’re experiencing it for the first time. It also didn’t hurt that K is a Woody Allen fan.

The Hollywood sign faded into the distance as the sunlight faded. Woody Allen was then projected on to a mausoleum wall. K and I pointed out the irony of Alvy Singer being surrounded by death.

Today gets 5 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment