Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 108


Today was a fairly pleasant day. I made my first sale on Etsy and it feels great. I seriously almost cried. A complete stranger bought something that I made. It’s actually a pretty surreal experience.

I decided the only way to appropriately celebrate my good fortune was with a margarita and watching The O.C. I really cannot explain my deep connection with this show, but it doesn’t matter what I’m feeling, it somehow makes it better. When I’m sad, it can make things not seem so bad. When I’m happy, it’s can be like I’m walking on sunshine. It actually might be the lighting. The California sun is so bright on that show and their lives, while they may be really fucked up, they’re still idyllic, which I really can’t understand how that can work, but it does. I just really wish that Marissa or Summer had a BLONDE phase. There were some great blondes on that show. Kirsten Cohen, Ryan and Luke were kind of sandy blondes (but that still counts), Alex was bad-ass blonde (but only lasted one season), so I guess I might like this show because of the percentage of BLONDE represented on the show. Julie Cooper-Nichol might be an honorary blonde bitch (and I like it).

Also, the Chrismukkah episode is a holiday-must.

I am also back on the gray nail polish. It’s like crack and I JUST. CAN’T. STOP. I went on the pink for a while (which complimented my Barbie phase perfectly), then I was on the red (totally cementing my Marilyn phase), then there was the trendy crackle phase… But now I’m back to gray. It just feels right. Is that weird? Does that mean that I’m depressed? Everything else in my life is so brightly colored, I can’t wrap my head around my connection to the gray. It’s quite curious.

Today gets 5 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment