Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 92

Today was an epic day for running around and getting stuff done. And yet I feel as though I got nothing done. I hate it when that happens. I was going to wear a patriotic shirt to set the mood for the weekend, but I couldn’t find one. I’m not sure that I own one, but I probably just wasn’t looking hard enough among my hundreds of t-shirts. One day for fun I’m going to count them.

During this search, I remembered a shirt I used to have as a kid. I think it was a hand-me-down from my mom and it was kind of big on me since I was 8. But it was a really great shirt. It was a really worn-in white shirt with the Statue of Liberty on it and she is encircled by words claiming she’s “America’s Sweetheart.” Or perhaps the person wearing the shirt is “America’s Sweetheart” and Lady Liberty is giving her seal of approval. Either way, it was an awesome shirt and I miss it. I think I outgrew it and my mom cut it up for dust cloths (that happened a lot if I can remember…)

Despite my best efforts to find it on the internet, I can’t find it. So, I’m going to make a replica. Because I have the technology… I can rebuild it… (can I make a Six Million Dollar Man reference despite having only seen 2 episodes in my entire life? I’m going with yes).

I have a special fondness for Lady Liberty. I dreamt I was her once. And I had this awesome shirt and I really loved that scene in Ghostbusters 2 (the only good scene in that movie, really) when they get the Statue of Liberty to tromp through the streets of New York to save the day.

Today gets 3 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment