Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 95

As today is the celebration of our independence from a tyrannical monarch, I decided to watch Jaws. It’s a movie that takes place during a 4th of July weekend when Chief Brody is victorious over a tyrannical shark. It’s like an allegory for our independence, right?

I did some sewing and eating and drinking… it was a great time. I had a burger, which is pretty American. I didn’t wear any American flag-themed attire, which may have been a mistake.

I seems kind of ridiculous to me that one of my ancestors signed the Declaration of Independence when he was my age. He was the youngest signer and he was only 26. He joined a group of radical anarchists who would have been killed if they didn’t prevail. You have to admit, that’s pretty badass and dangerous. I can’t fathom what would happen to anyone who tried to do that today, but times have changed. We were ruled by a king who was an ocean away. They kind of had it coming, right?

I’m not sure that I love what America has become, insofar as how we are perceived, but I can’t knock on the freedoms that we have and the melting pot we have created. Also, I'm arguably living the American dream because I'm BLONDE...

Today gets 5 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment