Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 102


I didn't do it... I swears...

I tend to dread Mondays. By the afternoon, I’m convinced it’s Tuesday. This tends to happen every Monday. Today was a very strange day. The heat in LA finally broke and came down into the low 80s/high 70s (instead of the 90s it has been). Of course this happens the day after I finally get a sunshield for my windshield. Perfect.

I received a package at work today. It was addressed to me and had no return address on it. No one sends me stuff at work, except when I order shit. I was like, “Shit… Have I been sleep-shopping again?” So I open this envelope and a pair of purple underwear falls out on my desk. The people in the office clearly see that someone sent me a pair of underwear. I start cracking up because I can only imagine what they must be thinking.

I don't know what to say. No one has ever sent me signed undies before.

A while back I donated some money to a film that needed funding. It wasn’t a big deal, but for helping out, they send you a copy of the DVD and an autographed pair of underwear. I had completely forgotten about this. So, Casey Wilson and June Diane Raphael signed a pair of underwear and mailed it to me.

If this doesn't scream "Hallmark Card" I don't know what does...

When I came home, the cat was in a particularly frisky mood. Almost every single mouse toy she has was out and about. She has taken a fondness to my new shower curtain/bath mat with a horror film theme. I find this to be disturbing and endearing at the same time. Perhaps she has the same sense of humor that I do. You can’t really have too terrible a day when you get to come home to a fuzzy thing that makes you laugh.

I dyed my eyebrows yesterday. They always tend to be a shade too dark the first day and then they fade to perfection. The blonde hair and the dark eyebrows make me look like a different person. It’s kind of nice. I need to actually start waking up early enough to do something with my hair other than wear it in a ponytail. I hate myself for not putting in my effort, but when I do put effort into my appearance, I feel vapid. Usually, I would much rather sleep.

I wanted to make an "I heard it through the grapevine" joke, but all I could come up with is that Grapevines are the product of trying to hear through the grapevine because they taste like grape earwax. You didn't laugh. I can tell.

As if my day wasn’t up and down enough, I discovered Grapevines (as opposed to Red Vines) at the grocery store yesterday. I’m not sure if they’re new or if I’d just never noticed them before. I tried one tonight when I got home from work and I can tell you, those things are nasty. Like chewing cough syrup-flavored beeswax or something. Not very pleasant.

And as I write this now, I am getting a headache. I honestly don’t know what to make of today. It’s been a day of ups and downs and out-of-left-fields.

Today gets 4 Barbie Warhols:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness make a card with that picture! It's too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? Halloween is right around the corner... !

    ReplyDelete