Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 105


Today is Bastille Day. This is the day in history when the French stormed the Bastille prison. It is a day of celebration and is often compared to the US’s 4th of July. I love this holiday because of the movie Paris When It Sizzles, which brings me to a new segment I like to call:

BLONDIE McBLONDE’S HONORARY BLONDE OF THE DAY:

Today’s honorary blonde is Audrey Hepburn. She may have been a signature raven-haired demure lady, but I’m giving her honorary BLONDE status. She’s one of my favorite actresses of all time, having been in most of my favorite movies: Paris When It Sizzles, Charade, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Sabrina, Funny Face, My Fair Lady, Roman Holiday… Not to mention she was a Unicef ambassabor and did a lot of charity work and she set fashion trends in motion that are still with us today. The woman is an ICON.

Audrey Hepburn portrays everything a blonde should be: bright, genuine, silly, smart, beautiful, generosity of heart, lightness of spirit, thoughtfulness, and funny. She’s an honorary blonde to the nth degree.

Audrey, I now induct thee into the LEAGUE OF BLONDE™ and you shall henceforth be refered to with the upmost respect in all BLONDE circles, regardless of your actual hair color. You are one of us and will be in our hearts always.

Today gets 4 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment