Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 91


BLONDE THINGS THAT ROCK: BLONDIE BROWNIES

I have never made blondies, but I have certainly enjoyed them. They are like brownies in texture and composition, except they are brown sugar and molasses-flavored instead of chocolate.

I’m not sure why I’ve never made them, because I try to make everything from scratch at least once. I made pretzels with my grandma once at her apartment. They are similar to bagels, insofar as you have to boil them in salt water to get that shiny, chewy skin. I’ve made bagels, too. And meatballs. And pies and cakes and cookies and lasagna and soup and …. The list goes on. I think this all goes back to my love of figuring stuff out. I like to make things because I like to figure out how they are made. I’ve never admitted this before, but there is a show on the Science Channel (did you know this channel exists? I didn’t until I discovered it… “I claim this channel in the name of Blonde-landia…”) called “How it’s Made.” I have been sucked into hours of this show. I think I find it soothing to watch machines fold paper into envelops. Or a weird-looking lady hand weave a hammock. Or watch candy be dipped in chocolate. I think it helps me de-stress because it’s as if everything is right with the world. The machines are working properly and I am learning how car batteries are made. Nothing could be more perfect.

That was kind of off point, but you get the idea. It’s weird that I’ve never made blondies when they are so delicious and awesome. It’s all in the name (much to Juliet’s dismay – perhaps a blondie by any other name would NOT taste as sweet).

Today gets 3 Barbie Warhols:

1 comment:

  1. aaaaand now I want some Mo cookies and quiche. Just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete