Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 71

This is totally off the BLONDE topic, but I’ve finally caught up on Teen Wolf, the new MTV reboot. When I first heard that they were turning Teen Wolf into an MTV TV show, I WAS ANGRY. How dare they mess with a Michael J. Fox (and Jason Bateman) classic!

But, I had to watch to judge for myself. Instead of a comedy, it’s a drama – much like the tone of The Vampire Diaries. It could be good. They aren’t trying to do what the original did, they are taking the story in a completely different direction. Instead of Scott being a wolf hereditarily, he gets bitten. He still has a best friend named Stiles. Instead of a single-father, he is being raised by a single mother. There are werewolf hunters. Instead of basketball, he plays lacrosse. The coach is still a bit of an air-headed douche. It’s the same, and yet different.

I think it’s okay. I’m not sucked in and I don’t know if I will continue to watch, but I’ll probably DVR it since it’s the summer when there isn’t much of anything on. My primary concern about the show is the lack of BLONDE. In the original movie, the popular girl Scott lusted after was a blonde bombshell named Pamela Wells. In the show, it’s a redhead whose name I can’t remember. Nothing against redheads (after all I am one of you- shhhhhhh) but the lack of blondes on the show I suspect dooms it to failure. Perhaps in the future I will back up this accusation with some actual evidence, but until then, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Today gets 3 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment