Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 90

It has only been 3 months, but it feels like I’ve been BLONDE for a lifetime. Is that because I am living my life more to the fullest (and does this statement even remotely make sense)? One thing that I think I have noticed is that people like ME more. I’m not sure if they are less intimidated by the BLONDE, or if I am just becoming myself more (again, I’m not sure if this sentence makes sense, but it makes sense in my head, so fuck you). It’s all subjective, as are most of the observations I have made thus far, but this blog is about MY BLONDE YEAR, so I don’t fucking care if you like it (Amy Poehler, you’re my hero).

It was a difficult day at work, so I am de-stressing with a beer while watching Heathers. That movie is one of my favorites and it is so endlessly quotable. “Real life sucks losers dry. You want to fuck with the eagles, you have to learn to fly.” That’s just AMAZING and perfectly over the top. And the blondes in this movie are so perfectly BITCHY! “What’s your damage, Heather?!”

I really like it when Veronica explains to J.D. “No, my life’s not perfect. I don’t really like my friends… Well, it’s just like – they’re people I work with, and our job is being popular and shit.” Sometimes I know EXACTLY what she means. Not necessarily with my friends or whatever, but how certain situations can feel like work, or how obligations can enslave you. Sometimes maintaining the status quo is easier than going against the system. I guess that’s why drastic change is so slow; we can’t find the proper impetus to make us buck the system.

This movie also makes me want to play croquet and wear giant scrunchies with bright-colored tights. It also takes place in Ohio, which is a plus. It also still kind of holds up, considering is it almost 25 years old. “Fuck me gently with a chainsaw!”

Today gets 3 BBQ Corn Nuts Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment