Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 85

I've always marched to the beat of my own drum... or built my own sandcastles as it were...

I’m not sure what it is about today, but I really do live an amazing life. I am very lucky. Today I was looking back on my life and, granted, I’m only 26, but I’ve done a lot of random stuff. In 4th grade I won an illustration contest for the local hospital. I even remember the weird mauve dress I was wearing (it was one of those 90s floral numbers that’s a sundress with a t-shirt sewn underneath it). My parents gave me a (used, rebuilt) car for my high school graduation; it was parked in the front yard with a big homemade bow on it. I’m a trained dancer. I’ve cut school more times than I can count and got away with it.

I was also a trained physician at the age of two. Suck on that, Dougie Howser.

I drove across the USA with my big sister. I’ve been to the real Field of Dreams. I’ve won money in Vegas (a grand total of $10, but that still puts me ahead). I’ve been to posh Hollywood parties. I’ve met some of my idols and have worked with some really cool people. I’ve managed to not get swept up in the Hollywood hub-bub. I have really great friends who go on really awesome adventures with me. I grew up with a homemade cinema lounge in my parents’ basement that I helped create. I have a cat who won’t let me ever feel sad because she’s too silly and has impeccable comedic timing. I’ve been to Disneyland and Disneyworld. I’ve seen every episode of “The O.C.” approximately 7.6 times. I’m a (self) published author. I’m a (home) renowned chef. I’ve read The Outsiders about 900 times and it feels like a new book every time. I followed my dreams despite the odds, despite the naysayers, despite the challenges. It’s not always easy, but I’m actually doing what I’ve wanted to do my whole life… and you know what makes it even better? I’m doing it as a BLONDE.


I was an accomplished sidewalk artist on the streets of Paris (a.k.a. Grandma's house) at the tender age of 3. (Please note the stunningly accurate illustration of Princess Leia.)

This really isn’t me bragging about how awesome I am (that’s totally true, though), this is me being sincerely grateful for everything in my life. I’m a lucky BLONDE bitch, and don’t I know it.

Today gets 5 Barbie Warhols:

2 comments:

  1. hahaha I LOVE the Princess Leia drawing. I'm so happy you have all of these awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mar! I went on a photo binge at the parents' house when I was home at Christmas. I was a really freaking adorable kid. WHAT HAPPENED?
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo love you. (BTW, how's Chi-town treating you. I hope my graduation gifts have come in handy :-) ).

    ReplyDelete