Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 84

Sometimes I can’t believe parking. Maybe it’s my wide-open spaces, Midwestern thinking, but if you have an establishment that you want people to go to, shouldn’t you provide a parking option? You would not believe how many places in Los Angeles either a) don’t validate or b) don’t have a parking lot at all within 50 miles. Street parking is often unavailable, and this is LA, so valet parking is usually somewhere. However, if those valets can find somewhere to put my car, shouldn’t I be able to find somewhere to put my car?

Parking is one of the main reasons I don’t have a lot of people over to my apartment. I live in an area where there are a lot of parking restrictions and a lot of people try to park there to avoid paying for valet at the nearby hotels, clubs, and bars (yes, I live by all those things). I feel responsible for my guests finding parking. If it were really that important for them to be there, I would try to make a deal with the parking garage across the street. That’s how commited I am to this whole parking thing. Parking apathy can hit anywhere at anytime. Proprietors pretend like they don’t know the neighborhood at all and refuse to have any available parking. Is this something they do on purpose to try to add to the mystique of their business? Parking apathy- beware.

Since I’ve been blonde, I’m not saying that the parking gods have been smiling on me more, but I have gotten away with a lot more than usual. I’ve double-parked, parked in handicapped spaces, and made up my own parking spots. I think normally in these situations, I would get scolded or towed or ticketed. The BLONDE has prevented these things. Do I know that the BLONDE had anything to do with this? No, not hard evidence, but I’m going to go ahead and declare it so.

Today gets 3 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment