Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 49

My mom reads this blog from time to time. Her latest statement was regarding the colorful language I often use. God, I love that woman. Only my mother would criticize my language when I rally against censorship in almost every entry. I’m sure the irony is not lost on her, and perhaps is also her motivation when she will read this and tell me she “was only kidding.” She said that she raised a nice young lady who shouldn’t use such dirty language. Oh man.

I LOVE MY MOM, but that sentence made me laugh. It’s not as if I’m some delicate flower; if I was she probably wouldn’t like it. She’s proud of my tenacity, ambition, and moxie. So, I’m going to talk and write however I please, because this is the 21st century. And my mom will love me no matter how many times I drop the f-bomb.

Stumbled across the above photo and I LOVE IT. I love everything about Adele and she’s gorgeous. I will admit that she sometimes makes me miss being a ginger. It’s strange. Anyway, I am always being hard on myself about diet and exercise and eating crap. I love pizza. I love burgers. I can totally sympathize with everything she’s saying. I diet and exercise because I want to be healthy, but when I admit that I’m “on a diet” I become obsessive about it. I count calories and obsess over cellulite. It’s just not healthy and I kind of hate it. So, I’m not going to worry and I’m just going to not think about it. I’m going to live my life.

Today gets 3 Barbie Warhols:

1 comment:

  1. love this photo - and it's so true. chocolate cake, here i come!

    ReplyDelete