Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 60

Is it really only day 60? My life really has changed a lot in only two months. I would have to say that thus far it has only gotten better. Being blonde may have seemed trivial and this blog probably seemed frivolous and stupid, but I think that there really is something great to be said of change. A lot of people resist change, often myself included, but I like self-inflicted change. I like making decisions with purpose and sticking with them. I may be crazy, but I think that also helps make me fearless.

Today was a pretty easy-going day at work since most of the people I normally have to coordinate stuff with all left their offices by 2pm. I had to put in a whole day, but there are totally worse things in life than having a job.

After work, I met up with my ex-professor J, and alumni A and B. We had a grand time. I was in the lobby and J didn’t recognize me. AT ALL. Until I went up to her and she laughed. It was great. She’s also blonde, so she totally understands the premise of my new ‘do. Honestly, there are just some people in your life who you just connect with – regardless of who they are and how they are connected to you. I’ve actually been very lucky in this department. I’ve had friendships with professors, neighbors, cat ladies, co-workers, classmates, strangers, teachers, mutual friend-friends, coffee baristas, bartenders, bums, cats, dogs, squirrels, and even the occasional mime. There are some people (and animals) who just get you. And that is really special. I love easy friendships. Hard ones are often worth fighting for, but easy friendships are my favorite – no matter how much time has passed, when you get together you pick up right where you left off. A week, a month, or even years later it’s as if nothing has changed.

It was a great night of zombie talk, scholarly film chitchat, beer, and catching up on each other’s lives.

Today gets 5 Barbie Warhols!

No comments:

Post a Comment