Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 126


I can’t believe it’s already Friday. This doesn’t mean much to me since I’m working tomorrow, but I did get to walk around a bit. You have to love this island called Manhattan.

I definitely need to get a new dry shampoo. This drugstore crap is crap. Sometimes, you just can’t wash your hair everyday because it’s damaging, so you use dry shampoo to freshen your look without killing your hair. Since going balls-to-the-wall blonde, I’ve had to take care of these tender locks. I’ve tried about 6 different ones, so I thought for posterity I would review them for you, so that you can avoid my horrors:

· Ojon Full Detox Rub Out Dry Cleansing Spray (Sephora, $13) – While this product totally made my hair clean and soft, the smell was extremely off-putting, so I never purchased a 2nd bottle.

· Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo (Sephora, $19) – This dry shampoo was effective, but the nozzle is just not an efficient delivery system. It’s too specific. I like they Aqua-Net effect of a spray because its fast and easy. This was arduous and basically you end up with all this powdery business on your scalp.

· got 2b Rockin’ It Dry Shampoo (Drugstores, $7) – This dry shampoo does the job and the price doesn’t hurt. It’s easy to get, but again, I don’t like the smell of this one. It has this gross artificial odor to it – kind of like old-fashioned hair spray. Also, it can get sticky for some reason.

· got 2b Fat-Tastic Fresh & Full Dry Shampoo (Drugstores, $6) – This dry shampoo is actually my favorite so far. It smells okay, and makes your hair clean-ish. It does what it says: it makes your hair fresh and full. The one complaint I would have is that it can have a bit of a white residue if you spray it too close to your hair.

· Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder (Drugstores, $2) – Yes, actual baby powder. When I’m in a pinch and my hair is greasy, I rub some baby powder on my hands and finger comb it through my roots. It’s not the best solution to the problem, but it’s the easiest and usually the most readily available. You could end up with a powdery, white scalp, or powdery, white hair, but a damp hair brush can help get the situation under control.

· Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo (Drugstores, $5) – While it does smell nice and fresh, it’s sticky and eventually flakes like dried hairspray or something. Not a good look.

One day I will find you, oh elusive perfect dry shampoo!

Today gets 4 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment