Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 146


BLONDE THINGS THAT ROCK: GWEN STEFANI

Gwen Stefani, lead singer of No Doubt and a solo artist in her own right is a BLONDE who ROCKS. She literally rocks. She sings, she dances, she designs clothes, she’s married to Gavin Rossdale, has a family and still manages to be awesome. How does she do it? I think it must be the power of the BLONDE.

Most recently she’s become a spokesmodel for L’oreal lipstick. I haven’t tried it, but I am likely to in the future. In 6th grade, I remember singing songs from the “Tragic Kingdom” album in the girl’s bathroom with Maggie Vandersnoot*. Gwen became and icon, especially when thrift store shopping – always wanted to have some fun clothes that I could make funky. I also always wanted to be platinum blonde like here. And now I am.

Does it feel like I thought it would? No, because part of being Gwen Stefani is being the lead singer of No Doubt and I don’t sing. But I’m having a lot of fun despite that fact.

*not her real name

Today gets 4 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment