Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 127


Working for the weekend definitely differs greatly than working on the weekend. I can’t really complain since I tend to enjoy my job and being out of town kind of feels like a work-oriented vacay. I worked most of the day and then went to Bloomingdales. Bloomingdales is a magical place. If you have a problem, they have a solution; if you’re not sure what your problem is, they will find it and sell you a solution. It’s simply marvelous, especially in New York. Why, you ask? It’s because there are about 5+ stores in Manhattan and they all have multiple levels. An entire floor devoted to beauty products? Um, yeah! An entire floor devoted to undergarments? You bet. A strange level with women’s seasonal fashions, furniture, luggage, and art? They have that, too.

I did try on a Donna Karan coat that made me look like a cross between a Jedi knight and a homeless person in a bathrobe. I was vaguely interested in a Calvin Klein couture dress that looked like something out of Barbarella, but in a good way (I think). It was completely silver and had a weird kangaroo-like pocket thing. I kept being drawn to it, like a freaking tractor beam. But I didn’t get it because it was that 60s sheath dress-style that can be difficult to pull off, but also because it was 3 grand.

After Bloomies, it was a lovely dinner where I had parmesan-encrusted halibut with champagne butter sauce. Champagne and butter? Those are like my two favorite things, so when someone found a way to put them together, you bet your ass (well, my big ass) that I’m ordering that. And I did. And I ate it. And it was delicious. I’m sure that 1 teaspoon of that sauce contained the daily caloric intake for a grown adult, but fuck it. We’re all going to die someday, why not live it up a little with some real butter every now and again?

Today gets 5 Barbie Warhols:

1 comment:

  1. totes. you only live once! i'm glad you enjoyed the sauce...now, to search the internet in hopes of finding a recipe similar to that sauce!

    ReplyDelete