Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 133


TGIF. I never thought I would be so happy for it to be Friday. It seems like forever since I’ve had a day off and I’m really ready for the weekend. Even when I have a day off, it’s not really a day off since I have my own business to attend to… I have to do laundry, and clean the apartment, and catch up on my artistic endeavors… It’s actually quite a lot. I tend to get a bad wrap for not going out a lot, but it’s because I’m busy. If I’m not trying to catch up on housework, I’m making things for people or myself or I’m experimenting with a new artistic mediums (have you ever painted with both watercolors and oil paints? It’s a very interesting effect). Plus, there is a lot of TV to watch. Like, a lot.

I had to run to Staples this morning for work and the cashier told me to “Have a nice day,” to which I responded instinctively, “TGIF!” He looked at me like I was a crazy person and said, “What?” So I repeated myself, “T.G.I.F.” and he asked, “What does that mean?” I told him, “Thank goodness it’s Friday,” to which I got a “Oh.” It made me feel really old. Do kids not know about TGIF because ABC doesn’t air their Friday night lineup anymore? (and haven’t for like, 15 years?) I decided that it was him and not me since Katy Perry has a TGIF song out right now and all the young ‘uns are singing along to it.

I have a very distinct memory of watching TGIF on ABC while in a Marriott in Cincinnati, OH for one of my brother’s college graduation. We were in a suite and I think my sister and I were sharing the pull-out couch. We were watching Family Matters, Step by Step, and Boy Meets World while my dad and brothers were at a Reds game. Or it may have been rained out. I’m not sure. But I remember watching TV.

Anyway, TGIF!

Today gets 3 Barbie Warhols:

1 comment:

  1. seriously....TGIF was the shit.I looked forward to it every Friday night.

    ReplyDelete