Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 130

It’s my last day in New York. I went to Grand Central Station and wandered around this morning. It’s always fun to people-watch, especially in New York. At Grand Central, people are coming and going and then there are tourists would obnoxiously walk slow and take pictures of everything. Not that I’m hating on tourists (we’ve all been there) but, I wish they would just be more mindful of where they are loitering.

I went to a little posh diner for breakfast called Pershing Square. It’s literally across the street from Grand Central and it’s tucked underneath a bridge. I honestly went there because it reminded me of something out of Amelie. The food sucked and was overpriced and the service was terrible. It was then that I realized that I was in… A TOURIST TRAP!

The tourist traps are establishments that are located near tourist attractions that are overpriced and sub-par quality. Usually, no locals can be found there because they know to stay away. It’s really my fault for not checking yelp before setting foot inside, but I just wanted some eggs. Honestly, the only reason that I got the service that I did was because I was BLONDE. I had a very smiley foreign man wait on me. If I got better service because I was a blonde, I can only imagine what kind of poor service the brunette next to me received.

Today gets 3 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment