Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 150


Today I was getting my bearings in a new town and it wasn’t impossible, but I did miss my free way exit a few times and had to drive an extra 20 minutes to get where I was going. I’m blaming that on the Blonde. Got to meet people in the office and then pretty much spent the day running around getting things settled. I’m very tired, but it was a productive day.

I enjoy meeting new people most of the time, but now that I’m a blonde, a lot of these people didn’t know me as a redhead. I get to understand how others perceive me as a blonde without knowing my previous identity. With my current relocation for work and my blonde hair, I can’t help but feel like I’ve entered witness protection. Sometimes I wonder if I had entered witness protection, why would I need protection? Would I be one of the guilty witnesses or the innocent ones? More than likely I’d be innocent, but just be in the wrong place at the wrong time because that is my luck. Here’s what I came up with:

In LA, I’m at the office and I’m going over my departmental budget and I’m adding and adding and adding the numbers… I’m looking at the account codings and not recognizing a series of numbers (I’m actually wearing one of those green visors and am running one of those adding machines with the tape). I discover a dummy accounting code that is used to launder money from an illegal circus-themed prostitution ring and I suddenly realize why the corporation makes so many movies about elves/little people. I become an accidental whistleblower and have to make a run for it, but there are hitmen after me and my blonde hair flows in the wind as I sprint down the streets of Los Angeles…

Today gets 4 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment