Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 142


Mondays are like the brunettes of the week… dark, serious, and often sinister. Is that unfair to brunettes? Probably. While today was a hectic day, I had fun. I also realized that I may not have ever fully defined what it means to be blonde. Granted, I’ve been newly inducted into the blonde club, but I think that I have experience enough to speak plainly.

Being blonde means being sweet and salty; being smart and air-headed, being bad-ass and gentle. Being blonde means being a contradiction and walking the fine line between who you are and who you want to be. Being blonde means being beautiful both inside and out. I like to think that we all about a little blonde inside us.

Now that my blonde is on the outside, the world is different. I know I write that everyday, but it’s true. I feel different with my blonde-ness on the outside. I still identify myself as a red-head on some strange level on the inside. It’s hard to let go of an identity that you’ve held onto for so long. But, to me, being blonde is important – not only because this entire blog is based on being blonde for a whole year, but because without the blonde, I sincerely doubt that I would be the woman that I am today.

Today gets 5 Barbie Warhols:

1 comment: