Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 149

(Thank god I'm not John McClane)

I’m off to AmericanTown, USA for work and I will confess this to you – I hate flying. It makes my arms tired.

I hate the illogical system that is dictated by class hierarchy. Wouldn’t it make more sense to load the people who have seats in the rear first? Why does first class get to board first? It’s not like they’re going to get there any faster. Everyone is always stalling to put their luggage away and tripping over each other. It’s gross. I think that the worst part is when you have to walk through first class back to your bitch seat in coach. I don’t really give a shit about first class vs. coach because I make it a point to be unconscious for as much of the plane ride as humanly possible. If I could be cryogenically frozen for transport, I would be. I get air sick and claustrophobic and anxious. But, I really do just hate how the first class passengers seem to stare you down as you walk by them, or they make every effort to avoid your gaze. Is this a 1st-world version of those “feed the children” commercials? Should Sally Struthers (BLONDE!) be on the PA saying, “you, too, could sponsor a passenger of your own… for as little as $426 per flight, a coach-class human in need can be upgraded to first class and have access to hot towels and spacious leg room…. Please press your call button now.”

But on the plus side today… I got hit on by one of my seat mates (sometimes I forget that I’m blonde…) and I didn’t puke once!

Today gets 3 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment