Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 15

It’s officially 2 weeks since I went blonde and perhaps it’s just the ebb and flow of the universe, but my life has improved. I think I can justifiably say that being a blonde has changed my life. Someone complimented me today on my “lightness of spirit.” I couldn’t help but wonder if they were really complimenting the lightness of my hair.

Sometimes I miss my red hair, don’t get me wrong. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has been on HBO a lot lately and every time I see the Weasleys I feel like I may have forsaken them. But then I realize that I may be a Weasley at heart, but it’s okay to look like Luna Lovegood sometimes. She’s pretty awesome and I think that as much as every female Potterhead wants to be Hermione or Ginny, Luna is quite enviable, too. She reminds me of myself as a young, somewhat “scatter-brained” (I quote Mrs. Temple, my 5th grade teacher) girl.

I actually already have some red roots coming in, but I have to wait to go get them touched up or else my hair will fall out from all the chemicals. I had a dream the other day that all the hair on top of my head fell out. I looked like Riff Raff from Rocky Horror Picture Show. It was amazing and terrifying at the same time. In my dream I just woke up and it was as if someone shaved the top of my head in my sleep. It was traumatizing, but also a relief to wake up to a full head of hair.

Today gets 4 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment