Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 29

Today, instead of talking about what I did today and how it improved my overall existence, I’m introducing a new segment:

BLONDE SH*T THAT ROCKS: BLONDIE

I will admit that I love my new nickname “Blondie,” but I am talking about the band Blondie. You would pretty much have to be living under a rock or just an idiot to not have heard “Call Me,” “Heart of Glass,” “One Way or Another,” or “Rapture.” And those are just the top hits. Blondie rocks. It’s practically scripture that Blondie is badass. Their name came from lead singer Debbie Harry’s blonde hair – and the nickname that derived from it. The band were regulars at CBGB. They broke up and got back together. Debbie Harry became an icon.

I’m not sure the first time I heard a Blondie song, but it was probably one of those TV commercials for compilation CDs. My money’s on “Heart of Glass.” I remember seeing Coyote Ugly and watching Piper Perabo sing along to “One Way or Another” on top of the bar. I’m sure all their singles were on the radio. I don’t know when I first heard “In the Flesh,” but I fell in love with it. Then I heard it covered by the faux band Low Shoulder in Jennifer’s Body – and I kind of remembered how much I love Blondie. I can’t remember the movie or TV show, but someone analyzes how badass “One Way or Another” is. It’s about some crazy bitch stalking you and she won’t let up. A-MAZ-ING.

Sure, I want to be like Barbie, but I want to be like Debbie Harry, too.

Today gets 3 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment