Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 7

I took Day 6 off from blogging because Sunday Fun-day should not necessarily involve any work or thinking. But it was a good day.

However, today is Monday. I started a new gig and it involved a lot of zigzagging Los Angeles. I had to valet my car twice today (at the same swanky location). The second time they lost it. I start laughing because… I drive a silver Chevy Prizm with bumper stickers. You can’t find my piece of shit in a sea of black luxury sedans? But the valets were very nice and offered me water and laughed at my lame jokes. “If you can’t find it, I’ll just take any one you’ve got – how about that Bentley?” Was this because I’m blonde? I’d like to think so.

I met a lot of new people today (it comes with the territory of starting a new gig). I’m really not sure how I present myself to people because I’m still getting comfortable with my new identity. I’m a tall, blonde-haired, blue-eyed lady with an hourglass figure and blue eyeliner. I think my red hair used to make me feel like I was taken seriously. Being blonde makes me feel a little flakey and frivolous, but I think this is a good thing. I’m taking myself less seriously and I have literally and figuratively lightened up. I imagine that I now project a lightness and energy that can only be perceived as positive. But what do I know?

I got a little sunburned today. I was outside for approximately 1.5 hours. I guess changing your hair color doesn’t mean you can become more or less fair.

I also just realized that Griffin Dunne directed Practical Magic. That’s a movie that needs a blonde. It’s on Netflix on demand. I’m not ashamed to watch it. I might make it a double feature with The Craft. Oh wait, I have to work tomorrow.

4 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment