Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 23


I went to a new gig today and I think it went pretty well. Phone calls, errands, emails, paperwork, paperwork, paperwork… We were prepping for a commercial shoot tomorrow, so we may have missed something, but I guess we’ll deal with that tomorrow.

I got stuck in rush hour traffic and it took me over an hour to get home. I kind of wanted to rage against the machines. I made it home and the cat was freakishly excited to see me. It was cute. I was really hungry for real food so I make fish fillets and fries. I doused them with vinegar and I’m ready to doze off.

I’m going to re-watch “Game of Thrones,” since I didn’t really give it my full attention the first time. Sometimes I’m really grateful that I live in modern times, because it really was a hard life back then (“Game of Thrones” takes place in medieval times, but in a fictional universe). It took forever to get anywhere without cars and airplanes; messages took as long as it did to physically get somewhere because there were no telephones or internet. I guess there were carrier pigeons, but how reliable are they? If you got an infection you could be as good as dead because there was no decent medical treatment. I am not really surprised that Sean Bean is one of the lead characters, but I will be surprised if he survives a whole season because Sean Bean dies in every movie he’s in. Also, there seems to be a number of blondes on this show. I'm curious how they will be portrayed.

I can kind of sympathize with the crazy parents in The Village. [SPOILERS] They left modern society to go back to basics in a nature preserve. I can understand wanting to make your world smaller. I love technology, but sometimes I think that it’s created an army of techno-obsessed, electro-dependent drones (I also understand the irony of these statements while detailing my days on a blog on the internet). I’m way too active on facebook, twitter is stupid but I still use it, I surf the internet for way too many hours a day.

While stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic on the way home today, I pondered where I would be and what I would be doing if there were no cars, airplanes, trains, phones, computers, internet, satellites… What would I be doing and where would I be doing it? I think that I would be a seamstress, cobbler, or baker. I might have been lucky enough to be born into nobility, and in that case I would be a princess or lady in waiting or something. I’d hope to have one of those awesome Dutch doors that are divided in half. I’d also want a really awesome horse. Every era is not without its drawbacks, I suppose.

Today gets 3 Barbie Warhols:

No comments:

Post a Comment